The most important thing to know is that God has given you all the graces necessary to lead your children to heaven. He trusts you to do this job, and He always pays for what He orders! He’s just waiting for your simple “yes” so He can begin doing a great work in your family!
The fact of the matter is that you are already teaching religion to your kids and you’ve been doing so since they were born! Do you go to Sunday Mass? You’re teaching them about the priority of worship. Do you say simple prayers with them? You’re teaching them about your trust in God. Do you care for your family? You’re teaching them about love and sacrifice — two major attributes of God, Himself.
The next thing we want you to know is that Family Formation does everything possible to help you succeed. You do not have to be an expert in the Faith to use Family Formation.
- Each lesson is written at an elementary school level, and is easy to understand. By simply spending a small amount of time in preparation each week (literally just reading the lesson ahead of time is usually enough), you can become familiar with the topic in the upcoming lesson. Even parents who were very poorly catechized can begin learning the facts of the Faith in simple ways along with their children.
- No additional research is necessary but if you want to dig a little deeper additional references from Scripture and the Catechism of the Catholic Church are given for each topic.
- Each lesson is organized with easy-to-access parent information on the front cover and review quizzes on the back cover.
- Only minor preparation is necessary and we always give you advance notice of it.
- The monthly meetings offer chances to help everyone learn about a topic in more depth. You’ll also have a chance to ask questions and network with other parents who are also undertaking this wonderful task.
One of the richest blessings of Family Formation comes as families learn about the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith together! Many parents have testified to the fact that through Family Formation they have come to learn and understand the Catholic Faith for the first time.