This is the easiest lesson ever. Simply plug in the CD and listen to the story while coloring the images in the accompanying coloring book.
Of course, once you’re done be sure to do a little follow-up. We suggest the following:
- Spend a little time with Rembrandt’s famous painting on the subject. Click over here for suggestions.
- Bring your family to confession.
- Are there any prodigal sons in your life? Put their names on your family prayer table and pray throughout Lent for their return to the Father.
- The story of the Prodigal Son is the gospel for the 4th Sunday of Lent (March 6th). Have your kids place a bookmark at Luke 15 in their Bibles and bring them to Mass next weekend. They’ll fell like pros when they realize how well prepared they are for Mass!
- Solidify the lesson by listening to the story again sometime in the upcoming weeks.