This is the easiest lesson ever. Simply follow the audio link (on a separate page in your Home Lesson packet) and listen to the story while coloring the images in the accompanying coloring book.
Of course, once you’re done be sure to do a little follow-up. We suggest the following:
- Spend a little time with Rembrandt’s famous painting on the subject. Click over here for suggestions.
- Bring your family to confession.
- Are there any prodigal sons in your life? Put their names on your family prayer table and pray throughout Lent for their return to the Father.
- The story of the Prodigal Son is the gospel for the 4th Sunday of Lent (March 31st). Have your kids place a bookmark at Luke 15 in their Bibles and bring them to Mass next weekend. They’ll feel like pros when they realize how well prepared they are for Mass!
- Solidify the lesson by listening to the story again sometime in the upcoming weeks.