Congratulations to Family Formation for being named the 2012 winner of the New Wineskins Award offered by the National Conference for Catechetical Leadership!
This award is designed to:
- highlight and celebrate extraordinary achievement occurring in parishes (or parish clusters) in the ministries of evangelization and catechesis.
- share successful initiatives that may benefit other parishes.
- encourage continued creative innovation in parish catechetical and evangelization efforts.
- reflect the spirit of the “new evangelization” promulgated by Pope John Paul II and the General/National Directories for Catechesis.
To qualify, the parish ministry must exhibit:
- a strong catechetical and/or evangelization dimension;
- innovative qualities;
- a history or track record of at least three years;
- a demonstrated record of effectiveness;
- fidelity to Scripture and Church teaching.
Thank you to Katie Dubas from the Fargo Diocese for nominating us and for the NCCL for recognizing our work!
Neither do people pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst; the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.