- One More Soul has a wonderful website with multiple resources for theology, listing of NFP providers, doctors who are NFP supportive, and a very good listing of reading material that addresses various topics on marriage, family, contraception, and abortion etc. Their website is http://onemoresoul.com/
- The US bishops have a lot of good information. This is their home page http://www.usccb.org/ They have a Marriage & Family Life section that addresses many relevant issues including the church’s teaching on marriage.
- The website for our diocesan Marriage and Family life Office is an excellent resource http://www.archspm.org/offices/office-detail.php?intResourceID=2862
Natural Family Planning providers:
- Couple to Couple League teaches the symptom-thermal method of NFP. Their website has excellent resources to medical providers, NFP teachers & classes, and general publications. This is the organization that provides classes at The Church of St. Paul. http://www.ccli.org/ For questions, feel free to contact teaching couple & parishioners Jim and Paulette Kostick email@example.com 763-413-1779.
- Here is a listing of the other providers of NFP in the Twin Cities. (Sympto-thermal & Ovulation Method) http://www.archspm.org/departments/family-planning/methods.php
- Many couples feel that their only recourse to treat several medical conditions is the pill. However, the pill usually only treats the symptoms and doesn’t treat the true cause of the problem. It may mask serious medical issues that need to be addressed. The Paul VI Institute for Human Reproduction is an excellent resource that follows the Catholic Church’s Teachings. Dr. Hilgers, the founder, has helped countless couples through NaProTechnology. Please refer to their website for more information. http://www.popepaulvi.com/
- There is a clinic in the Twin Cities where all of the doctors are trained in NaProTechnology, are Pro-life and won’t prescribe contraception. They are AALFA Family Practice in White Bear Lake, MN. Their website http://www.aalfafamily.com/ Their phone number is 651-653-0062.
Other resources mentioned at Family Formation:
- Dr. Janet E. Smith is best known for her Contraception Why Not talk, but has several great talks on Humanae Vitae and various teachings on family & marriage. http://www.janetesmith.com/category/resources/
- Christopher West is a speaker on Pope John Paul’s Theology of the Body. http://www.christopherwest.com/
- Humanae Vitae by Pope Paul VI is an excellent short encyclical that was written at a time that Christian denominations were allowing contraception for married couples. He spoke out on what would happen if contraception was permitted. http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/paul_vi/encyclicals/documents/hf_p-vi_enc_25071968_humanae-vitae_en.html
- This is a link to Pope John Paul II’s Theology of the Body. http://www.ewtn.com/library/papaldoc/jp2tbind.htm . There are many websites explaining it, but use caution. Not all of them are approved by the Catholic Church (i.e. It has an imprimatur).