As promised, here are suggestions on Saint books for kids from the Koop family. Brendan was our parent speaker this month, and since his family’s love for the Saints was so apparent, he got questions on both Saturday and Monday for recommendations.
And remember, you have any recommendations to add to this list, we hope you’ll give details in the comments box!
- Can you Find Saints? by Philip Gallery
- Any of the “Encounter the Saints” Series!
- Miniature Stories of the Saints
- Any of the Fr Lovasik books on the saints. We have a nice box set. These (like the above) have short biographies of many saints, some familiar and some obscure. 🙂
- Fr Lovasik also has books on individual saints. His books are often on the “Buy three, get one” sale on Amazon.
- Saint Francis of Assisi, by Joyce Denham
- Bernadette, The Little Girl from Lourdes, Ignatius Press
- Saint Brendan and the Voyage Before Columbus, by Mike McGraw
- Brendan and the Whale, by Clare Maloney
- Saint Francis and the Wolf, by Jane Langton
- Saint Anthony and the Christ Child, by Helen Walker Homan
- The Holy Twins: Benedict and Scholastica, by Kathleen Norris
- An Alphabet of Saints, by Brenda and George Nippert
- Loyola Kids Book of Saints, by Amy Welborn
- Once Upon a Time Saints, by Ethel Pochacki
- More Once Upon a Time Saints, by Ethel Pochacki
- The Baker’s Dozen: A Saint Nicholas Tale, by Aaron Shepherd
If you are looking for saint books for young children check out Liguori’s new Saints and Me! Series. Written for the 4-9 year old reader, each book captures the life of an amazing Saint of God. Great saints for little ones like Lucy, Gianna Molla, Little Flower, Martin de Porres, Nicholas, Anthony of Padua and many more. Vivid illustrations and simple text. You’ll love the simplicity of the books and the message!