In our October Family Challenge we asked families to do something to enhance their meal times together, and now we’re pleased to follow up with a few of the great suggestions we received:
- Our meals are all screen free.
- Nightly dinners together where we share the best parts of our day and how we helped people that day.
- We invited Grandma and Grandpa over to share our Sunday dinner.
- We used the discussion questions provided by Family Formation to talk more at our family dinners.
- Practicing silence for prayer during or after the meal [Pretty rare ;-)]
- Each day is a different family members’ day at dinner. We go around the table and everyone says something they like about that person.
- Making the conscious decision to be somewhat warm and pleasant toward my family instead of a rushed “here’s the food now sit down and eat!” disposition that builds during a hectic after school/meal prep time.
- We got everyone involved in meal prep and clean up.
Thanks to all the families who participated and we look forward to all your recommendations for next month’s topic!