Tomorrow is the 50th anniversary of Earth Day and because we love the Creator, it’s good to love His Creation.
Here are a few suggestions:
Remember the Creator and give Him praise for all the amazing details of our planet!
- Add a song to your family prayer time.
- Read Psalm 148.
- Work together and make a list of your favorite parts of creation.
- See what the Archdiocese of St. Paul/Minneapolis is doing.
If it’s nice out:
- Plant some seeds (the garden centers in our area are open for online orders that we can pick up)
- Plant a tree! At least in our zone, the time is perfect.
- Go for a walk. (Someplace outside of your regular routine might be best.) Or just spend more time playing outside.
- Clean up your yard.
If it’s a day to stay in:
- Watch this video from the Family Formation archives.
- Watch an episode of Planet Earth, Blue Planet, or your favorite nature documentary. Do you have access to Disney+? Check out DisneyNature.
- Challenge your family to see how little trash you can make in a day. What can you use over? Compost? Recycle?
- Take a virtual field trip to a national park.
Whether you celebrate or not, tomorrow (and every other day) is a great day to praise God for all His goodness to us!