Mostly this post is some basic information and reminders for new Family Formation families –
Family Formation’s seasonal activity packets have some unique characteristics that distinguish them from the other Home Lessons and since Advent is the first one you’ll get this year, this seems like a good time to go over them.
- You’ll get four of them each year; Advent, Christmas, Lent, and Easter.
- Quite often they are not assigned a specific week for you to do them.
- Also, they can typically be done at any point in the season.
- Unlike the Home Lessons, where it really is the goal to do as much as possible, each activity in these lessons stands alone and you may choose to do one or lots of them.
- Even though this one is listed at the bottom of the “Month Outline” on the sidebar of your Home Lesson covers, you’ll want to pull it out earlier in the month to do a little planning and preparation.