The feast of Christ the King is on Sunday and I just wanted to remind you that this is a wonderful time to celebrate in some way before the more penitential season of Advent begins next weekend. If you’d like a few suggestions, maybe you’ll find a spark of inspiration here:
- Invite someone over for Sunday brunch.
- Dress up your table a bit. Even if you’re just serving take-out pizza for lunch, a tablecloth and candles have a way of getting everyone’s attention.
- Redecorate your prayer table with a white cloth and whatever gold (brass) decorations you have. If you have access to a color printer, this would be a nice piece to display.
- Make dessert. Or buy dessert and make it a little fancier for the occasion.
- Be sure to go over the Sunday readings one more time. In particular, you may want to talk about the contrast between the first reading and the Gospel.
- Ask your kids what it means to make Jesus king of their lives.
- And be sure to thank Him for His loving care for each of us!
UPDATE: Grown-ups may also want to check out Bishop Barron’s Top Ten Christ the King resources.